Edwin Bray’s Golden Quarry
This is a historical guided tour into the richest gold mine in the world (late 1800’s).
Adults (16+) : R520
Children (13-15) : R320
Children (7-12) : R260
Toddler (0-6) : R180
Pensioners (65+) : R240
Schools : R250
University Students : R320
Group discount & concessions on request
- Bray’s Golden Quarry was opened in 1884.
- You’ll be amazed when looking at the size of this, “The Golden Quarry”.
Morning Tour : 09h00 – 12h00
Afternoon Tour : 14h00 – 17h00
- Depart from Barberton Adventures, after signing indemnity forms
- Arrive at Bray’s Golden Quarry
- Spend +-1 hour underground, depending on tourist interest
- Depart to Fig Tree Creek for prospecting (+-1 hour)
- Voluntary lunch (either at Diggers Retreat or designated picnic spot “Pop-Up Lunch” next to the river)
FREE PROSPECTING AT FIG TREE CREEK
Equipped with gumboots, shovel and pan you can also experience the thrill of prospecting like in the Hey Days!
- Food & Beverages for duration of the whole tour
- Transport (driving own vehicle to location)
Q : What shoes do we need to wear?
A : Gumboots are provided. Closed shoes recommended.
Q : Do I need warm clothes?
A : Yes, a light jacket.
Q : Do I need sunblock and a hat?
A : Recommended for prospecting.
Q : Are there bees?
A : Yes, at certain times of day. If you are allergic to bees make sure to bring your specific medication.
Q : Are there spiders and snakes en route?
A : Yes. TIA (This is Africa).