After departing from Barberton Adventures you can immediately start a steep climb into our hills, where you will have great flora and very scenic views of the Makhonjwa Mountain Range.
- Prices and guides available on request
- Different sites available on request
- Bookings essential
- Group discount & concessions available
- Most of our day hikes are based in the central of town, but all have steep climbs and river crossings.
- We also boast 2 very beautiful hiking trails in our area : one is to the West of Barberton and the other to the East.
- Both these sites offer great accommodation.
- Hiking in hills that are 3.5 billion years old leaves you with a feeling of accomplishment and peace, and the beauty other this wondrous landscape will take your breath away.
- Departure from Barberton Adventures after relevant documentation has been signed.
- We have many sites to hike as well as 2 with sleep over facilities.
- Locations will divulged upon request and booking.
- Access to various locations and sites.
- Permits where relevant.
- Food & Beverages for duration of the whole hike.
- Transport where relevant.
Q : What shoes do we need to wear?
A : Hiking boots are highly recommended, alternatively comfortable walking shoes.
Q : Do I need warm clothes?
A : Yes, a light jacket in winter.
Q : Do I need sunblock and a hat?
A : Highly recommended.
Q : Are there bees?
A : Yes, at certain times of day. If you are allergic to bees make sure to bring your specific medication.
Q : Are there spiders and snakes en route?
A : Yes. TIA (This is Africa).