Clutha Mine started producing in 1891. This historical mine is a great visit for those who would love to know how mining operations work.
Adults (16+) : R520
Children (13-15) : R320
Children (7-12) : R260
Toddler (0-6) : R180
Pensioners (65+) : 240
Schools : R250
University Students : R320
Group discount & concessions on request
- Clutha Mine started producing in 1891. This historical mine is a great visit for those who would love to know how mining operations work.
- This tour will undoubtedly leave lasting memories and there is a little education in it for all.
- A great way to have fun with the kids!
- Here one can experience the progression from traditional mining methods to the modern way and get a real understanding of what happens underground.
- We complete the tour at the historical Digger’s Retreat, where food & beverages will be available for your account.
A pop-up lunch can be provided upon request at an additional fee of R150-00 pp. Bookings essential.
Taste our famous Barberton Barney Steak with chips and salad – never to be forgotten.
Morning Tour : 09h00 – 12h00
Afternoon Tour : 14h00 – 17h00
- Depart from Barberton Adventures, after signing indemnity forms
- Arrive at Clutha Mine
- Spend +-1 hour underground, depending on tourist interest
- Depart to Suid Kaap River for prospecting (+-1 hour)
- Voluntary lunch (either at Diggers Retreat or designated picnic spot “Pop-Up Lunch” next to the river)
FREE PROSPECTING AT THE SUID KAAP RIVER
Equipped with gumboots, shovel and pan you can also experience the thrill of prospecting like in the Hey Days!
- Food & Beverages for duration of the whole tour
- Transport (driving own vehicle to location)
A : Gumboots are provided. Closed shoes recommended.
Q : Do I need warm clothes?
A : Yes, a light jacket.
Q : Do I need sunblock and a hat?
A : Recommended for prospecting.
Q : Are there bees?
A : Yes, at certain times of day. If you are allergic to bees make sure to bring your specific medication.
Q : Are there spiders and snakes en route?
A : Yes. TIA (This is Africa).