The Town of Barberton (Umjindi) contains such a variety of habitats that it holds a wide diversity of bird species. If you are a twitcher then Barberton is the place to visit.
- Prices and guides available on request
- Different sites available on request
- Group discount & concessions available
- Barberton has various sites that are fantastic for birders.
- During a survey conducted by a few residents of the town over a long period of time within the Barberton and surrounding boundary, some 250 different bird species were recorded and a few have been added since that initial survey.
- The various bush and mountain trails have great spots for bird watching. Therefore the casual birder, bird ringer or serious twitcher, Barberton is well worth a visit.
- Departure will be from Barberton Adventures after documentation has been signed.
- We have many different sites for birders.
- Locations will only be divulged once a booking is made and permits are issued.
- This is a full day excursion.
- Bird list of the area.
- Guide (book in advance).
- Lunch can be arranged at extra cost.
- Food & Beverages for duration of the whole tour.
- Transport (driving own vehicle to location).
- Bathroom facilities.
Q : What shoes do we need to wear?
A : Comfortable shoes recommended.
Q : Do I need warm clothes?
A : Yes, a light jacket.
Q : Do I need sunblock and a hat?
A : Recommended for hiking.
Q : Are there bees?
A : Yes, at certain times of day. If you are allergic to bees make sure to bring your specific medication.
Q : Are there spiders and snakes en route?
A : Yes. TIA (This is Africa).